10 Romantic Valentine’s Day Ideas in London
17 January 2019
Here at Merlin Events London we absolutely love Valentine’s Day. It’s the perfect pick-me up to blow away those post-New Year blues – after all there’s nothing like a bit of heart-warming romance to get us through those chilly winter days! So whether you’re secretly lusting for someone, or wondering if you’ve got the courage to pop that question, we’ve put together a list of ways to woo and romantic things to do. Here are 10 Valentine’s events in London:
- Picnic in one of London’s secret gardens. Take a flask with hot chocolate, wrap up warm, grab some tasty morsels from a deli and enjoy the snowdrops of the city’s oldest botanic garden Chelsea Physic Garden, or Bonnington Square Gardens in Vauxhall.
- Feeling more adventurous? Visit London suggests one of the most romantic Valentine’s Day events in London might be going horse riding together through Hyde Park. Take in local sights like Speaker’s Corner, the Serpentine and the Diana Memorial Fountain as you amble by.
- Dinner with a view – if you’re thinking of romantic things to do in London and after the Michelin experience, Galvin at the Windows on the 28th floor of the Hilton in Hyde Park is spectacular.
- London’s premium vintage showgirls in east London are renowned for their exuberant gin-house parties. The King’s Head Members Club are holding a special Valentine’s Gin House Burlesque promising Circus, Music and Vaudeville delights! How brave are you feeling?
- Snuggle up for a secret cinema experience in one of London’s lesser known screens. Feeling plush? The Berkeley in Mayfair is showing Sleepless in Seattle and Notting Hill at its roof-top cinema with warm wraps and hot water bottles. Or Hackney’s The Institute of Light has comfy two-seat sofas, and you can pop into the vinyl record shop afterwards for a truly vintage date.
- Why not opt for a cultural foray with your Valentine? Sir John Soane’s Museum are putting on a special candlelit Valentines event with tales of love, passion and loss.
- Take a romantic stroll along the waterfront. The Telegraph suggests strolling along from Blackfriars to Embankment with magnificent views of the Houses of Parliament and the Lastminute.com London Eye as a backdrop. Or how about the canals of Little Venice complete with barges and Regency houses to ogle at? Just make sure when you’re planning your romantic things to do that you’ve got time to stop for a hot chocolate or even hot toddy to make it even more special.
- Join John Landor and the London Musical Arts Orchestra as they perform the most beautiful classic music by candlelight. Enjoy the mesmerising atmosphere of iconic church St Martin-in the-Fields in the heart of London’s Trafalgar Square.
- The Royal Observatory Greenwich runs star-gazing sessions as a Valentine’s event in London. The Sky Tonight is presented in real-time by an astronomer using Greenwich’s digital planetarium. Science, stars and the love of your life – as far as romantic things to do in London really, what could be better?
- And finally when it comes to the most dreamy experience of all, book a Cupid’s Capsule on the London Eye. With 360-degree views of the city’s skyline it’s got to be the most spectacular place to make the ultimate romantic gesture for that someone special in your life.